Team Singing Competition
Rules and Guidelines
Included in our program at the National Conference will be American Indian Singing
competition. Our hope in having this competition is that more groups will be interested in
getting involved in singing American Indian songs. The singing competition will be held on
Monday, July 29, 2002.
Singing will be done in team fashion. Teams will be required to sing two (2) songs and
are required to submit written documentation on the songs with their pre-registration
Awards will be given to the top teams. The judging criteria shown below are guidelines
that are subject to the interpretation of the judging committee. All judges' decisions are
EACH LODGE IS REQUIRED TO BRING ITS OWN DRUM AND DRUMSTICKS. The following rules apply
to the Singing Competition:
- All singing will be done in a team fashion.
- Written documentation is required for each song. Include where you got the song, what
tribe it is from, etc.
- Teams will be required to sing a general song and a song for a special event.
- Songs are restricted to Southern and Northern Plains singing.
- Teams will be judged on the authenticity and quality of presentation of songs.
- Anyone singing must be under twenty-one (21) years of age, a member of the Order of the
Arrow, and a registered conference participant.
- Minimum time of two (2) minutes, maximum time of ten (10) minutes for each song.
- Teams must check in with the American Indian Activities Committee booth Saturday, July
- There will be a meeting of all judges and leaders of the Singing Competition at 9:30 pm, or one half hour following the show on Sunday, July 28, 2002. A representative
from each team must be present at this meeting.
- Any questions regarding the Team Singing Competition should be addressed to:
1637 Rita Rd.
Vestal, NY 13850
Back To American Indian Activities Committee Information