Volleyball Competition Rules
Volleyball will be a tournament for mixed youth/adult teams.
Compete with lodges from all across the nation.
Sign up as team event 905 on your Individual
A. Youth and adult mixed teams.
B. There shall be no more than two (2) adults on any team.
A. A team will consist of six (6) players.
B. A team may have up to four (4) substitute players.
C. A team shall have a Team Captain.
A. Forfeit time is the scheduled staring time of the contest.
B. A team may play a game with as few as four (4) players.
C. In order to claim a forfeit, a team must have their team present and ready to play.
D. If neither team is able to field the minimum number of players, a double forfeit will
A. A toss of a coin will determine which team has the choice of
1. serving first or
B. Length of Game
2. side of court
1. The first round match shall consist of one game to 21 points. (Rally Scoring)
2. The second match and beyond will be the best two out of three games to 15 points.
1. Each team is allowed one 30 second time-out per game.
2. Time-outs can be requested only when the ball is dead.
D. The Serve
1. The first server shall be the right back player.
2. The server may not step over the service line until the ball has been contacted.
3. "Side-out" is declared when a served ball hits the net.
4. Each player must remain in position within the boundary lines of the court until the
ball has been contacted by the server.
5. Rotation shall be in a clockwise direction.
6. The serve must cross over the net without touching it.
Only one serve is allowed per server per time.
7. The server must wait for a whistle from the referee before serving.
E. Legal Play
1. The ball must pass between the net poles when it crosses the net, and in three or
2. It is permissible to run out of bounds to play the ball.
3. A player may play the ball twice during a volley but not twice in succession, unless
played directly off a legal block.
4. It is legal to contact the ball with any part of the body above the
waist as long as the ball rebounds immediately.
5. When a ball touches a boundary line, it is considered good.
5. NET PLAY
A. A ball hit into the net by a team may still be kept in
play provided the net is not touched by any player.
B. No player may contact the net. If two opposing players touch the net
simultaneously, the ball is declared dead and the point will be
C. Blockers may reach over the net; however the blocker(s) shall not contact
the ball on the opponent's side of until after completion of the
opponents action which sends the ball toward the blocker's side.
D. The team that has affected the block shall have three (3) more contacts.
The blocker has the right to make the first of three (3) allowable hits.
E. A spiker must contact the ball on their side of the net but may
in the follow-through reach over (but not touch) the net.
Back To Competitions and Recreation Committee