Q/A: Some Questions on the Goodman 500 race
We have read the posted rules on the Goodman 500 race, and have some
1) The information say that each Lodge will be given a 'kit'. Does
this mean we must build our lodge race car at the conference?
2) Does this limit the number from each lodge who may
participate in each of the two classes?
3) What will the competition be judged on?
We are glad you are interested in the Goodman 500 pinewood derby race.
To answer your questions:
1) You do not have to build a car at the conference. In fact, we would
much prefer that you build it ahead of time. Some kits may be available
on site for lodges that do not create their car ahead of time.
Lodges and Individuals are strongly encouraged to bring cars already
made and ready to race.
2) The plan is to have both INDIVIDUAL and LODGE competitions.
In the Lodge competition, each lodge can have one entry. In the
Individual competition, each participant can have one entry, so several
participants from a lodge may all compete in the individual competition.
3) We will be judging on several features, including fastest,
best design, etc. These categories are not completely defined at
this time, but we are hoping that lodges will decorate their cars
in a style unique to their particular lodge.
Back to NOAC 2002 FAQ page