National Order of the Arrow Conference 2002
Official Code of Conduct
All 7,200 participants and staff at NOAC 2002 agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct:
The general welfare of any group depends on the conduct of each individual member.
This ensures the success of our National Order of the Arrow Conference and provides
the maximum benefit to every participant. As an Arrowman, I understand this and support
the reasonable demands of conduct expected of me.
I understand the lodge/section contingent leadership or Conference Support Staff
Lead Advisers are responsible for the supervision of its membership in respect to
maintaining discipline and security, and TO ENFORCE the National Order of the Arrow
Conference Code of Conduct.
As a member of the Order of the Arrow, I will:
1. Observe the Scout Oath or Promise, the Scout Law and the Order of the Arrow Obligation.
2. Wear my official uniform and official conference identification throughout the conference. Unofficial hats, patch jackets, medals, or decorations are not a part of my official uniform.
3. Attend all planned general sessions and electives.
4. Confine trading and swapping to free periods and designated areas.
5. Be personally responsible for breakage, damage, or loss of property.
6. Observe quiet hours and lights out from midnight to 7 a.m.
7. Keep my quarters clean, my bed made and dispose of trash in proper place.
8. Not change my officially assigned room without permission from the Conference Headquarters. The reason: emergency calls, for example, could not be delivered if room changes were unofficial.
9. Allow no unregistered person to occupy my dormitory room.
10. Wear suitable covering in the dormitory when going down the halls. I will also wear suitable covering while swimming in the pools or participating in the Conference programs.
11. Observe all rules regarding the use of the swimming pools and other athletic facilities.
12. Understand that the purchase, possession, or consumption of alcoholic beverages or illicit drugs at the Conference will not be permitted and will result in immediate dismissal from the Conference. This standard shall apply to all youth and adult participants. Compliance with state law and university regulations will apply at all times.
13. Comply with federal, state and city laws and university regulations, including those which prohibit the use of fireworks, firearms, and gambling. Infraction of these laws and regulations will be cause for immediate dismissal from the Conference.
14. Comply with the university rule prohibiting the use of private automobiles on campus without permission from Conference Headquarters.
15. Not be authorized to sell items at the Conference. I understand that the official trading posts are the only source for purchasing items at the Conference.
16. At all times, be the considerate guest of a considerate host university.
17. Follow the Boy Scouts of America's policy on smoking and observe all university NO-SMOKING restrictions.