NOAC 2004 Short-Film Competition
NOTE: This contest has expired.
Do you have the Cinematography Merit Badge? Are you a budding Steven
Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino, or Peter Jackson?
Either way, you can enter to win the opportunity to have your work
shown at a NOAC Show and get great seats for your lodge. The 2004 NOAC Shows
Committee is sponsoring a short-film competition. Here are all the details:
- Any individual Arrowmen may enter a video short in the contest, whether attending
NOAC or not.
- Video short must be between 30 seconds and 2 minutes.
- Video short must be submitted in one of the following formats: DV, Mini-DV,
- The title of the short must be chosen from the list below and included in
- "No Sash, No Flap, No Service."
- "Safeguard This Pamphlet"
- "Chosen to (fill in the blank); Inspired to (fill in the blank)"
- Submissions will be judged on each of the following criteria (not listed
in any priority):
- Overall quality
- Relation to title
- Humor (relatively consistent with Boy Scouting values)
- An individual or lodge may submit multiple entries, but can win "great show
seats" only once.
- Submissions must be postmarked by July 1, 2004, and each submission must
clearly identify the name, address, lodge name, and telephone number of the
- Winners will be announced at NOAC. Selected submissions may be shown at
a NOAC Show. The lodge contingent of all winners will receive front row seats
at a NOAC Show.
- Submissions will not be returned. Please copy before submitting.
- Submission of a short constitutes express authorization for the showing
of same at NOAC.
- Direct all questions to Mark Bicket, Conference Vice Chief for Shows.
[Shows Committee Info]