National Order of the Arrow Conference 2004
Official Code of Conduct
All participants and staff at NOAC 2004 agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct:
The general welfare of any group depends on the conduct of each individual member. This ensures the success of our National Order of the Arrow Conference 2004 and provides the maximum benefit to every participant. As an Arrowman, I understand this and support the reasonable demands of conduct expected of me.
I understand the lodge/section contingent leadership or Conference Support Staff Lead Advisers are responsible for the supervision of its membership in respect to maintaining discipline and security, and TO ENFORCE THE NATIONAL ORDER OF THE ARROW CONFERENCE 2004 CODE OF CONDUCT.
As a member of the Order of the Arrow, I will:
- Observe the Scout Oath or Promise, the Scout Law and the Order of the Arrow
- Wear my official uniform and official conference identification throughout
the conference. Unofficial hats, patch jackets, medals, or decorations are
not a part of my official uniform.
- Attend all planned general sessions and electives.
- Confine trading and swapping to free periods and designated areas.
- Be personally responsible for breakage, damage, or loss of property.
- Observe quiet hours and lights out from midnight to 7 a.m.
- Keep my quarters clean, my bed made and dispose of trash in proper place.
- Not change my officially assigned room without permission from the Conference
Headquarters. The reason: emergency calls, for example, could not be delivered
if room changes were unofficial.
- Allow no unregistered person to occupy my dormitory room.
- Wear suitable covering in the dormitory when going down the halls. I will
also wear suitable covering while swimming in the pools or participating in
the Conference programs.
- Observe all rules regarding the use of the swimming pools and other athletic
- Understand that the purchase, possession, or consumption of alcoholic beverages
or illicit drugs at the Conference will not be permitted and will result in
immediate dismissal from the Conference. This standard shall apply to all
youth and adult participants. Compliance with state law and university regulations
will apply at all times.
- Comply with federal, state and city laws and university regulations, including
those which prohibit the use of fireworks, firearms, and gambling. Infraction
of these laws and regulations will be cause for immediate dismissal from the
- Comply with the host facility rule prohibiting the use of private automobiles
on campus without permission from Event Headquarters.
- Not be authorized to sell items at the Event. I understand that the official
trading posts are the only source for purchasing items at the Conference.
- At all times, be the considerate guest of a considerate host university.
- Follow the Boy Scouts of America's policy on smoking and observe all university