2004 NOAC Brotherhood Award
The NOAC Brotherhood Award was designed to encourage Arrowmen to gain the most from their conference experience. Arrowmen are encouraged to take every opportunity to participate in as many activities as possible. Ultimately, each participant should leave the conference as a knowledgeable and committed Arrowman who will benefit their unit, lodge and community.
Arrowmen who attend a training class or activity will surrender one of their personal barcodes tags upon arrival at each class. At the end of each day of training, they will receive a sticker to place on the Brotherhood Award Form designating completion of the training requirement for that day..
The requirements for the Brotherhood Award are:
Part A – Complete ALL of the following:
- Complete three cells of training (one complete cell each day), in any combination of Program / Administration / Leadership Training, Inductions and Ceremonies Training, American Indian Training, Outdoor Activity Training, and/or National Council of Chiefs Training.
Participating in competitions and Workshops may also meet this requirement.
- Meet one Arrowman from each of the other three regions to promote nationwide Brotherhood. Get their signatures as a symbol of Brotherhood and new friendship.
- Discuss your conference experience with your lodge chief, contingent leader or lead adviser and write down how you will use the knowledge you gained at NOAC to help your lodge back home.
Part B – Attend or participate in at least FIVE of the following:
- Attend a religious service on Sunday
- Attend a Region Gathering on Tuesday
- Attend the Camping and High Adventure Exposition
- Visit the Order of the Arrow Museum
- Attend one of the Meet the Man programs
- Give at least one hour of service at a designated Service Project
Part C – Live up to the NOAC Code of Conduct, as certified by your contingent leader or lead adviser.
Once the requirements have been fulfilled, participants should present their completed form to their contingent leader or lead adviser, along with only $1.00, and the Adviser take it to the Founders’ Day Trading Post at Scheman to verify training and participation and they will purchase the participation pin which can be affixed to the conference patch.