Search the Site
TEAM SINGING COMPETITION
Rules and Guidelines
Included in our program at the National Conference will be American
Indian Singing competition. This competition will take place Tuesday, August
4, 1998. Our hope in having this competition is that more groups
will be interested in getting involved in singing American Indian songs.
Singing will be done in team fashion. Teams will be required to sing two
(2) songs and are required to submit written documentation on the songs with
their pre-registration form.
Awards will be given to the top teams. The judging criteria shown below
are guidelines which are subject to the interpretation of the judging
committee. All judges decisions are final.
EACH LODGE IS REQUIRED TO BRING ITS OWN DRUM AND DRUM STICKS.
The following rules apply to the Singing Competition:
1. All singing will be done in a team fashion.
2. Written documentation is required for each song. Include where you got
the song, what tribe it is from, etc.
3. Teams will be required to sing a general song and a song for a special
4. Songs are restricted to Southern and Northern Plains singing.
5. Teams will be judged on the authenticity and quality of presentation of
6. Anyone singing must be under twenty-one (21) years of age, a member of the
Order of the Arrow, and a registered conference participant.
7. Minimum time of two (2) minutes, maximum time of ten (l0) minutes for
8. Teams must check in with the American Indian Activities Committee booth
on Saturday, August 1 or Sunday, August 2, 1998.
9. There will be a meeting of all judges and leaders of the Singing
Competition at 10:30 p.m. after the NOAC Show on Monday, August 3, 1998. A
representative from each team must be present at this meeting.
10. Any questions regarding the Team Singing Competition should be addressed
to: Wayne Dukes, 915 Washington Ave., Findlay OH 45840. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was produced as part of
the official 1998 National Order of the Arrow Conference
web site, (http://www.oa-bsa.org)
by the web team of the NOAC
Communications and Public Relations Committee.
Send any comments to
Copyright © 1997,1998 Order of the Arrow, Boy Scouts of America.
All rights reserved.