Fees, registration information announced for NOAC 2015
By Jacob Schlies
New details about the 2015 National Order of the Arrow Conference were announced at the National Planning Meeting in Dallas, TX. The conference will take place August 3-8, 2015 at Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan.
The national Order of the Arrow committee announced the fee has been set at $475. The fee includes housing, food, and program activities for the entire five day conference. Guest registration will open to lodges in summer 2014. Lodges will be required to put down a $100 non-refundable deposit to hold each spot.
The section chiefs in attendance were given the challenge to bring together 10,000 Arrowmen to the centennial NOAC, which will set a new attendance record for a national conference. To help reach that goal, the Order of the Arrow has created the “Centennial Challenge,” which is designed to provide advice, guidance and ideas to help your lodge bring its largest-ever contingent to NOAC. More information is here.
Also unveiled this weekend was the conference’s adult management structure. Veteran Arrowmen will work with section chiefs and newly election national officers at the 2014 National Planning Meeting to plan and implement the NOAC program.
Mike Hoffman from Phoenix, AZ will serve as the conference chairman. Hoffman will be assisted by the following deputy chairman:
- Randy Cline, Deputy Conference Chairman for Thematics
- Jack Butler, Deputy Conference Chairman for Centennial Challenge
- Clint Takeshita, Deputy Conference Chairman for Program
- Andy Chapman, Deputy Conference Chairman for Scheduling & Facilities
- Carey Mignerey, Deputy Conference Chairman for Logistics
- Scott Beckett, Deputy Conference Chairman for Adventure Central & Partnerships
- Glenn Ault, Deputy Conference Chairman for Finance
The following Arrowmen will serve as lead advisers to execute program areas:
- Activities and Recreation: Mike Bliss
- Admin Services: Chris Grove
- American Indian Activities: Ron Bell
- Centennial Celebrations: Donald Cunningham
- Communications: Tony Fiori
- Concierge: Frank Harper
- Endowment: Jason Hood
- Financial Services: Craig Davis
- Foreman Corps: Alyx Parker
- Founder’s Legacy: Del Loder, Dabney Kennedy, and Ed Pease
- Induction Ceremonial Events: John Rotruck
- NESA @ NOAC: Steve Silbiger
- Outdoor Adventure: Howard Kern
- Region Chief Responsibilities: James Flatt, Dan Segersin, Toby Capps, and Mark Chilutti
- Shows: Max Sasseen
- Special Events: Tony Steinhardt
- Technology: Craig Salazar
- Trading Post: Kay Trick
- Training: David Garrett
Look for more information in the coming weeks on the process for staff registration as well as contact information for each of the lead advisers. Additional information about the NOAC and the program leading up to the conference will be published in the near future.
Last revised on