Ask the Chairman - February 27, 2016
National OA Chairman Ray Capp has been reading and answering your questions. To finish the month of February, Ray answered multiple questions about unit elections, the Vigil Honor as well as lodge operations:
- Must all ceremony sites be ADA compliant?
- How can I submit my updated lodge history book?
- Are there national guidelines for conducting lodge officer elections online?
- Can a unit election be conducted in American Indian regalia?
- Can an OA sash be embroidered with an Arrowman’s name?
- Can a first year Scout meet the camping requirement for OA membership?
- Is there a minimum age for election to the OA?
- Should an OA troop rep adviser wear the OA assistant Scoutmaster patch?
- What is the ratio of adults to Scouts that a troop can select for OA membership?
- How should a Scout be inducted if he is moving before his induction?
- Are there scripts available for the installation of youth officers?
- Can the OA sash be worn with the BSA activity uniform?
- Should I accept the Vigil Honor if I am having doubts about it?
- Why was the Lenni Lenape dictionary removed from the latest OA Handbook?
- Which lodge flap should I wear?
- Can a Vigil name be changed after the nomination petition is submitted?
- Can a scout be elected to the OA if he is moving and leaving the unit?
- What’s a new Order of the Arrow dad to do when his son isn’t yet elected?
- Are there regulations on how many lodge flaps a lodge may issue for wear?
- Can a Scout executive remove an elected lodge officer from office?
- Is there a recommended timeline for the selection of the Vigil Honor?
- Can Cub Scout camping be counted for the camping requirement for adult membership?
- Is there a proper way to wear the OA cufflinks?
- When will female Venturers be allowed to join the OA?
Last revised on