Ask the Chairman - January 3, 2015
National OA Chairman Ray Capp has been reading and answering your questions. Ray recently answered an entire batch of questions:
- Several parents have asked me about obtaining a visitor’s pass for the day to visit their son while at the 2015 National Order of the Arrow Conference, similar to the national Scout jamboree. Is this possible?
- If I earned the 50th and/or 60th Anniversary Award(s), can I also wear the ASA patch on the same sash?
- Since all lodges will be required to use LodgeMaster for rechartering in 2015, are there any plans for a user guide, or how to manual, for LodgeMaster?
- Who selects the adult candidates and when can the nomination be submitted?
- Is there a way that a Venturing Crew can hold an election for Boy Scouts that completed their First Class rank?
- Is it possible for a deceased Scout to be elected into the OA?
- What should happen if a Scoutmaster (either knowingly or unwittingly) certifies a Scout as eligible for election when he clearly is not eligible and that Scout is subsequently called out?
- Is there a congratulatory letter available from the Order of the Arrow?
- Is it appropriate to use elements of past ceremonies (no words, just action) including, but not limited to, the use of black robes as costumes and the attempt to hug a tree by yourself in our show?
- Should the Vigil Honor selection committee submit the maximum number of Vigil Honor candidates?
- What is the proper term for a female member of the OA?
- Is it possible to purchase a life membership in the Order of the Arrow?
- Does the lodge chief (youth member) get to vote on issues on the council executive board?
- Our Lodge is working on the Legacy Project history book. To whom should we send our lodge history PDF?
Last revised on