Legacy Project 2015 - Rock Instructions
As part of the 100th anniversary of the Order of the Arrow, a commemorative fireplace will be constructed. This fireplace will be onsite at the National Order of the Arrow Conference in 2015. All lodges are invited to participate in this endeavor by securing a rock and having it engraved with your lodge name and council city to be used in the construction of this fireplace.
It's not too late to participate! Click here to see if your lodge rock has been received.
Rock requirements are as follows:
- The rock selected needs to fit in a box that is 20 inches x 8 inches x 6 inches. “If it fits it ships!” Please factor in additional room needed to accommodate packing material to protect the rock in transit. The ideal rock would be 14” to 16” wide, depending on the length of the lodge name or headquarters city, 6” to 8” tall, and 4” to 6” deep.
- Rocks should be natural stone. Avoid types of stone with a high water content that could explode when exposed to heat (e.g. sand stone). Please also avoid fragile stones that could crumble or break in transit. Consider selecting a rock that is indigenous to your lodge’s geographical area and is distinctive in color.
- Engraved text characters on the rock should be between 1 and 2 inches tall. Text on the rock should be limited to no more than 3 lines.
- Line 1 should contain your lodge name in all CAPS (e.g. OCCONEECHEE). Longer lodge names will need to use an additional line of text (e.g TUPWEE GUDAS GOV YOUCHIQOT SOOVEP). The word “lodge” should be omitted. Lodge numbers should also be omitted.
- Line 2 or 3 should also be in all CAPS and contain your council city and state. Your state should be shown using its postal abbreviation (e.g. RALEIGH, NC)
Please mail these rocks to:
9 Warwick Lane
Nashville, TN 37205
Thanks in advance for your participation in this endeavor!
Last revised on